Mar 22 2007

Andrew Bird – Armchair Apocrypha

Published by at 1:23 am under MP3's

andrew-bird-armchair-02-print.jpg

Hi there, sorry for not posting since Sub Pop Week. Hopefully, you have had enough time to listen through the mix. I’m going to keep this short, but just in case you live in a shell and didn’t hear, Andrew Bird’s new album, Armchair Apocrypha, came out yesterday. It is, by far, my favorite album of his to date. It is also going to be one of the best albums released this year. I discussed the album back in a January post when I first heard it and fell in love with it, but have since then fallen even more in love with it. If you want to stream the album, I’ve got the inside scoop of where you can hear it–AOL’s Spinner— scroll the albums at the top, and you’ll see it. Also, if you get a chance to check out his new site, it’s pretty neat. While you’re at it, he’s currently on tour so check out if he’s coming to a city near you–a friend was kind enough to get me a ticket for the Chicago show, so hopefully I’ll make it to see him.

Be sure to support Bird by purchasing this album. Listen out for tracks Simple X, Heretics, Plasticities, and Cataracts. All songs are great, but these are probably my four favorite. Have you guys heard the album yet? What are your thoughts? Favorite tracks?

Armchair Apocrypha:

Andrew Bird – Heretics

Exclusive Track from eMusic (Thank eMusic by buying this album from them)

Andrew Bird – Self-Torture

Mysterious Production of Eggs:

Andrew Bird – Measuring Cups

15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Andrew Bird – Armchair Apocrypha”

1. benon 22 Mar 2007 at 9:13 am

this cd is amazing.

favorite by far from him.

favorites: plasticities, simple x, cataracts, armchairs, sythian empire and heritics

2. aveon 25 Mar 2007 at 11:02 am

i agree. although some of his fans seem to think this isn’t one of his best work, it’s also my favorite of his. it’ll definitely have a (high) place in my year end list.

the ones heavy on rotation: armchairs, fiery crash, heretics, cataracts, imitosis, plasticities, simple x…i still armchairs is one of the best songs i’ve heard this year.

3. Shanon 25 Mar 2007 at 9:42 pm

just found a song of his not released on the album called self-torture. absolutely breathtaking in it’s simple yet haunting beauty. he wrote lyrics to his song “the water jet cilice” which was on his fingerlings 3 album. check this one out…you will not be let down.

4. Davidon 07 Apr 2007 at 7:11 pm

Thanks Dave, for pointing out this eMusic track. I loves me some Andrew Bird.

5. David (indiemuse)on 12 Apr 2007 at 12:11 am

Just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your favorite tracks. I’ve still been listening to his album non-stop… He was also on Letterman yesterday.

6. Woofyon 12 Apr 2007 at 2:01 am

I just saw the Letterman Performance … fun stuff!

7. Conradon 16 Dec 2007 at 11:22 am

Im there BIGGEST FAN

8. Lunaticon 17 Feb 2008 at 2:26 am

Can any one please post guitar tabs for the Self Torture. I felt so good when I’ve heard the music on N82 commercial

9. Maddenon 29 Feb 2008 at 9:00 am

yes please i’m really keen to learn this if anyone has figured it out

10. redemtpion_redeemedon 07 Mar 2008 at 2:05 am

As far as i have been able to figure out, the chords are D minor, C maj, F maj. (in that order). The part where the pattern changes, we have A maj, and then E maj. I hope this is right. Any corrections would of course be welcome. Plus if anyone who can actually tab it. Anyone? Please?

11. osmanon 15 Apr 2008 at 5:37 am

plzz tell me the proper chords and tabs for self torture!!! i beg u!! email to ozzy_khan94@hotmail.com plzz!!!!

12. Essieon 18 Oct 2013 at 8:21 am

Instead of taking a cart for 18 holes, walk the first 9 holes and then get a cart.
    The babies are born with no fur, fused toes, and closed eyes
    and ears. Playing with the dog in the garden or touching
    other kids or many such activities brings lot of germs with them.

13. calling internationallyon 25 Jan 2014 at 8:00 pm

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your content seem to be running off
    the screen in Firefox. I’m not sure if this is a formatting
    issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I
    figured I’d post to let you know. The design look great though!

Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Kudos

14. health benefitson 30 Apr 2014 at 6:52 am

Excellent post. I’m going through many of these issues as well..

15. askon 22 Apr 2015 at 10:06 am

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I have really
    loved surfing around your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I’m
    hoping you write again very soon!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS